In Praise of Parallax Photographic Coop

I stumbled across Parallax Photographic Coop  about 6 months ago. Based in London I tried them out on a trial order and found them to be a pleasure to work with. Their prices are very competitive and the service is excellent. They have become my go-to online source for analog photographic materials. For items like film, paper, and developer they have a very good range to select from
  • Paper
    • Ilford FB and RC papers 
    • Foma FB and RC papers 
    • Fuji Crystal color paper
  • Film 
    • B and W Kodak, Ilford, Fuji, Foma, others 35mm, 120, 4x5, 8x10 (Foma)
    • Color, Kodak, Fuji, Cinestill, 35mm, 120, 4x5 
    • Instant films
  • Chemicals (B and W/Color) Ilford, Kodak, Foma, Tetenal
    • Developer
    • Stop
    • Fix
    • Alternative Process (Argyrotype, Cyanotype, etc)
  • Accessories
  • Books
I encourage you to give them a try. They are based in Brixton (london) a short walk from Brixton tube station. I visited them on a vile day (tipping it down!) while on a business trip to London. A little tricky to find (Look for a the small sign next to the door as shown on their website.) Don't be shy, press the buzzer, they will buzz you in and upstairs you can meet the helpful and friendly staff. They share some space with an exhibition area so you might be lucky to see some exhibit like I was. Also this affiliated exhibition offers darkroom classes. I bought some more Ilford FP4+ 120 while I was there. 



Comments