An eclectic collection of different topics mostly relating to my interest in photography. This reflects on my impulse to experiment, create, and develop my technique and new ideas. Some entries are meant as lab notes to record experiments and experiences or tutorials. I also try and cultivate other topics in photography. Please comment and I will try and respond.
Subscribe to this blog
Follow by Email
Search This Blog
The Big Eye: Portrait Test
I wanted to run some more tests and settled on a portrait (myself) for a subject. I set up the Big Eye in the driveway and would use the sunny day to keep the exposure reasonably short. I would use my Ortho Lith film as I did in a previous post and try and adjust for what I learned. I rate the film at ASA 3 this time and a metered exposure at f45 called for 2 seconds. My wife ran the shutter. I developed it in HC-110 1+165 (6ml+994ml water) for 14 minutes. I got this on the film.
UltraFine Ortho Lith Negative
A print revealed something workable. However the strong sunlight and Lith film makes it high contrast and the background is completely black being entirely in shadow. I used only a #0 filter given the high contrast of the negative and exposed for 23 seconds for good density of black.