More Morning Walks (Digital)

 I recently was laid up for a week with what I would guess is Covid. Almost three years dodging it and it seemed to finally catch up with me. 

It was with great relief to get out and about the past couple of days for my morning walks through Sandpoint. I always bring my camera just in case and sometimes I get some nice images though that is never my intent. One must be cognizant that even the most familiar or mundane surroundings can lead to some excellent images. 

This morning it was very cold (-13C) so a brisk walk well bundled-up was called for. My walk usually takes in the City Beach area and a view of the lake. Yesterday a good breeze was blowing up off the water for some extra chill. This morning however the air was still with mist rising off the water and small flakes of snow precipitating from the moisture in the air as there were no heavy clouds overhead. This light snow seemed to increase as I got close to the lake so I surmised the moisture from the lake was the cause.

It was a beautiful morning and I managed a few interesting photos. 

This first one captured the morning light over the water. 

On my way back home through town I happened to glance at the son and caught these images. The first is a square format done as black and white.

   The next a different composition in color.

Finally a black and white version. The colors this morning are so de-saturated the black and white works best I think with outline of the tree offsetting the softer parts of the rest of the image. 

Weirdly, Sandpoint has its own Statute of Liberty at City Beach. It is hardly larger than a human being and sits at the end of a concrete pier. So I could not help but take a photo that is not of my style. 

I Lift My Lamp Beside the Golden Door


Comments